IBM® Cognos® Planning
Flexible enterprise software for planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis
IBM® Cognos® Planning enables you to develop plans, budgets and forecasts faster and more efficiently. Cognos Planning lets you create, compare and evaluate business scenarios. It also enables you to use best practices such as driver-based planning and rolling forecasts to determine resource requirements and future business results.
Cognos Planning integrates operational and financial planning in real time, so you can anticipate resource requirements and future business performance.
- Driver-based plans and models —create planning models that accurately reflect your business in detail.
- Reliable numbers —eliminate spreadsheet errors.
- Greater participation —collect input from participants in all divisions and locations within your organization.
IBM Cognos® TM1®
Planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and scorecarding software
IBM Cognos® TM1® is an enterprise planning software platform that can transform your entire planning cycle, from target setting and budgeting to reporting, scorecarding, analysis and forecasting. Available as an on-premise or on-cloud solution, and with extensive mobile capabilities, Cognos TM1 enables you to collaborate on plans, budgets and forecasts. You can analyze data, and create models – including profitability models – to reflect a constantly evolving business environment. In addition, integrated scorecards and strategy management capabilities help you monitor performance metrics and align resources and initiatives with corporate objectives and market events.
- Powerful planning and analysis – Create and analyze sophisticated plans, budgets and forecasts, even those based on large data sets.
- Integrated scorecards and strategy management – Model metrics to measure progress toward objectives and link them dynamically to actions and forecasts.
- Flexible modeling – Develop and deploy even the most complex planning and analysis models using a guided modeling environment.
- Engagement with more users – Engage users from across the organization in high-participation planning and collaborate with remote and distributed users through a range of mobile devices, including the Apple iPad
- Cloud-based deployment option – Provide all the functionality of the on-premise solution with optional cloud-based deployment.
CONTROL® relieves the headaches associated with traditional spreadsheet budgeting and goes beyond the limited capabilities of conventional budgeting software and decision support tools. It provides:
- The structure to manage complex interdependencies with guaranteed integrity;
- The flexibility to accommodate both central and decentralized requirements while consolidating results instantly at any level into one unified source of data;
- The depth and power for real-time planning, simulation and analysis;
- The extensible, scalable technology to support concurrent collaboration from department to enterprise levels.
Key Budgeting features include:
- Familiar Excel-based data entry and review
- Common, shared multi-dimensional database
- Secure, controlled update access for a broad community of contributors
- Immediate, dynamic, consolidation without administrative intervention
- Integrated workflow
- Bottom-up or top down entry with Solve and Lock functions
- Extensive large scale data manipulation capabilities:
- Built-in spreading and trending based on standard or historical patterns
- Automatic solving of simultaneous equations
- Ability to budget by sub-account, subsidiary model, or support budget values with ad-hoc scratchpads
- Support of non uniform level of detail
- Tracking of commentary and hyperlinks to support planning assumptions and rationales
- Unlimited scenarios with easy copying, factoring and comparison
- “No programming”, Auto-Generated Forms for quick deployment of budget submission templates to novice end users
- Implementation Services
- Installation and configuration
- Migration and upgradation
- End User Trainings
- Support and Maintanence
- System Health Check